Wednesday, March 31, 2010

“I define nothing. Not beauty, not patriotism. I take each thing as it is, without prior rules about what it should be.” Bob Dylan


This week we had our last test before the final. I missed the post regarding the absence of chapters 6 and 7 on the test and found myself trying desperately to grasp the concepts running time of programs and numerical systems. Running time of programs is fairly straight forward. Although it is annoying and tedious its nice to see the computer programming finally start to blend in to the 165 material. On the other hand although also bringing in an element of programming I found the numerical systems chapter very hard to grasp. To my surprise and relief the test did not cover that material. Learning it for the final without ever working on it on an assignment or exercise is going to be quite a challenge but hopefully within the next two weeks I'll be able to grasp the material.



As for some final words, 165 was quite an eye opener. This course has reviled to me a passion I never knew I had and I look forward to diving deeper in to the material on the future.


Professor Heap could not have done a better job teaching this course.

Many Thanks ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment